Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Weekend Recap - 07.19.2011 - The Magical Finale and More Zombie Thumping... Soon!

It was a nostaglic and bittersweet ride this weekend, mainly because of the ending of the beloved Harry Potter franchise via the last film - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. 

Nostalgic because as I was watching the film, I remember all those 10 years worth of movies and memories, seeing all these actors grow up (literally), and enjoying every bit of the magical ride. But then as I walked out of the darkened movie halls, I felt a bit sad because I won't be seeing Harry, Hermione, and Ron EVER again.

And that means we won't see them for good. Gone are the wands, the magical encantations (my favorite spell was "Expecto Patronum!"), and the Hogwarts Express... all of it.  

It was the perfect ending to a once-in-a-lifetime movie franchise and one that will never be duplicated. And I am thankful to be one of those people who have witnessed - no, not just witnessed - but experienced a one-in-a-million journey... in a world where everything is possible with a flick of a wand. I'm gonna miss it.

But I'm gonna miss Emma more than anything else.

 --------

I was over with the Harry Potter fever after a day, and immediately got to my DVD store and bought the complete Season 1 of AMC's hit series "The Walking Dead" - based on the graphic novels by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard - which is one of my comic book series  of all time along with Bill Willingham's Fables.

12 chapters and an explosive season 1 finale, I want more of this series. Its such a shame that I would have to wait for October for Season 2. 

Glad I found a way to quench that thirst, with an exclusive Walking Dead Comic-Con poster and a preview clip that shows a hardcore Rick Grimes laying the smackdown on two helpless roamers. 






I like the fact that the next season could be going into a more dark corner in our character's minds, for it is the main element that made the comic books such a hit due to its many unforgettable scenes. I can't wait to see how would they translate the most bone-chilling moments in the comics into the TV screen. Darker, bloodier and better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment